Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Wrap-up

So this month I only read a total of 3 books...I know, I know, that's kind of lame. I have been in a bit of a reading slump these last couple of months and am only now just starting to get out of it. The first book I finished this month was actually started in February...again lame. I am so disappointed in myself !

 
I started off with The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead. This was the sixth and final book in her Bloodlines series, which is a spin-off from Vampire Academy. Now, this was on of my most anticipated books for this year, but it fell a little bit short from my expectations. I thought that the book was a little bit to fast paced, making it hard for me to connect with everything that was happening. It probably didn't help that I had been in a reading slump. Other then that I did enjoy it.
I gotta say my most exciting experience with this book was getting to go to one of Richelle's book signings and getting to meet her. It was so much fun and I am glad that I got to attend because this series and Vampire Academy are a couple of my favorites!
  
 
 
The next book I read was A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab. I absolutely loved this book! The world was sunning, and so were all the characters. The writing and world building are just fantastic and this is a book I would recommend reading if you haven't already. I simply can not wait for the next one to come out, it's gonna fell like a very long wait because I want it so bad.

I did a full review for this book if you would like to hear more of my thoughts about it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The last book I read in March was The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson, which is the first book in his Mistborn Trilogy. And holy crap....I absolutely loved this book! It was awesome and different, and...yeah I literally just finished it so I am still processing everything. I will be doing a full review once I can think of something other than "OMGOMGOMGOMG...OMG!"
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment