Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In Real Life By: Jessica Love

Publication: March 1, 2016 by St. Martin's Press

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Goodreads Summary

Review:

This book was a really nice contemporary to read after a big fantasy! I picked it up because it looked like a nice quick read, and I wasn't wrong. I was very intrigued by the premise of this book. The two main characters Hannah and Nick have been friends for years but have never actually meet in real life.Their relationship is completely online weather that be texting, talking on the phone or video chatting.  

Hannah is described as a "goody-good" child who does no wrong and tries her hardest to be good in everything that she does. But then on a whim she decides to road trip it to Vegas to surprise Nick. Upon arriving she learns that Nick has not been completely honest with her and that is the part of this story that intrigued me the most. 

I really enjoyed the relationship dynamic between Hannah and Nick, it was perfectly awkward at times which is what I was expecting out of the encounter. There were also times when they were able to forget the situation and have fun which I appreciated. It was great seeing Hannah react to Vegas since she is a person who has never really ventured outside of her comfort zone. She stumbles her way through Vegas but ultimately finds out how to just let loose and have fun.

This book did focus quite a lot on the relationship between Hannah and Nick, which is to be expected. But I felt that we kind of lost the individuality of the character because of this. I wanted to learn more about who Hannah and Nick were because they seemed like they could be very interesting characters. Individually they were a little flat for me and it made me feel like the book was missing something while I was reading it. It almost read like a short story where we are only suppose to be there for that moment and not really know much else.

Overall I did enjoy reading this book and I was able to get through it very quickly. It was cute and quirky so if you are looking for something along those line I definitely recommend!

Happy Reading Y'all!

Video Review Coming Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment