So we finally got some more news about this! We have been hearing that a TV show adaptation of this was in the works for quite sometime. After the failed movie attempt they decided it might be better portrayed in a show. It has been talked about for months but it's been awhile since we have gotten an update.
It's looks like ABC Family will be picking up this series. I am not really sure how I feel about them taking this on. They have produced some of my favorite shows like Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth, but they seem to focus on teen dramas.
Their track record with cancelling shows also worries me. For example, I remember enjoying The Nine Lives of Chloe King that they aired a couple of years ago, but due to low ratings they didn't give the series another season much less a finish to the current season, only giving us 10 episodes, which is not many at all. That is probably the closest to a fantasy-ish world that they have come. And there are many others that were canceled after only a half season worth of episodes.
The structure sounds like it will be 13 episode seasons, so that is not a lot to work with, especially with all the world building that needs to be done. So I am very nervous about this show and can only hope that they will do the best they can and not give up like they do on so many.
Regardless, I will probably watch the show since this is my favorite book series, but I do still want them to stay as true to the book as possible. I know many things will be changing but I would really like the shadowhunter world and system to stay the same. So I guess we will see how it goes in the near future, sounds like production will be starting this May, so...FINGERS CROSSED!!
I would definitely like to hear what y'all think about ABC Family picking this up!

No comments:
Post a Comment